|Engaging dialogue to advance solutions on topics important to our region.
Look for coverage of the event in The Plain Dealer, on cleveland.com, and on WVIZ / WCPN.
On The Waterfront
After decades of neglect or haphazard, isolated investment, the stars appear to be aligning to turn Cleveland’s waterfronts into thriving, regional assets. What needs to be done to enliven the lakefront and the banks of the Cuyahoga River? How should we stimulate economic activity and make it easier to touch the great watershed that ought to define Greater Cleveland? After substantial public investment in parks, museums and a lakefront football stadium, what’s the role for the private sector? How can commercial needs at the port and Burke Lakefront Airport be integrated with greater public access? Those are just some of the issues on the agenda for
the next installment of our Cleveland Connects community conversation series.
Join the conversation led by Mike McIntyre, Plain Dealer Columnist, and Lisa Schroeder, President & CEO of Riverlife of Pittsburgh, along with a panel of community stakeholders, as we discuss strategies for our waterfront.
• Moderator, Mike McIntyre, Tipoff Columnist for The Plain Dealer and cleveland.com. Mike has been at the newspaper since 1990. In 2010, he became host of the “The Sound of Ideas,” a daily public affairs talk show on 90.3 WCPN ideastream.
• Idea Leader, Elisabeth (Lisa) Schroeder, President & CEO of Riverlife, a non-profit organization working to transform Pittsburgh’s three rivers into the city’s front door for redevelopment. The riverfront master plan is now 80% complete with the delivery of eight multi-million dollar waterfront projects.
• Chris Warren, Chief of Regional Development for the City of Cleveland, is working to develop a regional approach that will help build the economy in the city and the region.
• Debbie Berry, Vice President of Planning and Real Estate Development for University Circle Inc., and currently serves as President of the Cleveland Metroparks Board of Commissioners.
• Jennifer Coleman chairs the Cleveland Landmarks Commission and Downtown/Flats District Design Committee. She is owner of Jennifer Coleman Creative, and founder of CityProwl.com, which produces downloadable urban walking-tours.
Monday, June 3, 2013 | Doors Open 5:00 p.m.,
FREE Admission | Registration Required | Names will be held at door
Program 6:00-7:30 p.m.
The Idea Center® at PlayhouseSquare
(Westfield Insurance™ Studio Theatre)
1375 Euclid Ave., Cleveland
Seating for the evening program in the Westfield Theatre
is available on a first-arrive-first-seated basis.
Additional seating available in a nearby simulcast room.
Questions? Call 216-999-4079 or firstname.lastname@example.org