|Engaging dialogue to advance solutions on topics important to our region.
Look for coverage of the event in The Plain Dealer, on cleveland.com, and on WVIZ / WCPN.
Monday, March 10, 2014
Building on Biotech
The next Cleveland Connects conversation will welcome David Johnson, CEO and president of Indiana's BioCrossroads, to discuss biotech and its economic development ramifications in Cleveland. With the opening of the Global Center on Health Innovation, we'll highlight what already sets Northeast Ohio apart and then address how best to build on Cleveland's considerable biotech assets. Among the areas of focus will be how to attract new talent and investment capital and how to profit (as a community) from the innovations already seeded by the Cleveland Clinic, Case Medical Center, the Austen BioInnovation Institute in Akron and the MetroHealth System, to name just a few.
Join the conversation led by Mike McIntyre, Plain Dealer columnist and ideastream host, and David L. Johnson, President and CEO of the Central Indiana Corporate Partnership, along with a panel of community stakeholders, as we discuss Building on Biotech.
• Moderator, Mike McIntyre, Tipoff Columnist for The Plain Dealer and cleveland.com. Mike has been at the newspaper since 1990. In 2010, he became host of “The Sound of Ideas,” a daily public affairs talk show on 90.3 WCPN ideastream.
• Idea Leader, David L. Johnson, President and CEO of the Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP), a regional strategic collaboration of business leaders and university presidents.
• Baiju R. Shah, CEO of BioMotiv, the therapeutic accelerator aligned with The Harrington Project, a $250 million national drug development initiative. The Project’s mission is to accelerate breakthrough discoveries into medicines.
• Rebecca O. Bagley, President and CEO of NorTech, an economic development organization working to revitalize NE Ohio by accelerating the growth of regional innovation clusters in advanced energy, flexible electronics and water technologies.
• Frank L. Douglas, Ph.D., M.D., President &
CEO Austen BioInnovation Institute in Akron. An award-winning industry veteran with nearly three decades of experience in healthcare, pharmaceuticals and entrepreneurship, Dr. Frank L. Douglas serves as chief strategist for the Austen BioInnovation Institute in Akron (ABIA).
• Daniel I. Simon, M.D., Director,
Harrington Heart & Vascular Institute; Chief, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University Hospitals Case Medical Center; Herman K. Hellerstein Professor
of Cardiovascular Research, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine.
• Thomas J. Graham, M.D., Chief Innovation
Officer and Chair-Holder, Justice Family Chair in Medical Innovations, Cleveland Clinic
Vice-Chairman, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic.
Monday, March 10, 2014 | Doors Open 5:00 p.m.,
FREE Admission | Registration Required | Names will be held at door
Program 6:00-7:30 p.m.
The Idea Center® at PlayhouseSquare
(Westfield Insurance™ Studio Theatre)
1375 Euclid Ave., Cleveland
Seating for the evening program in the Westfield Theatre
is available on a first-arrive-first-seated basis.
Additional seating available in a nearby simulcast room.
Questions? Call 216-999-4028 or email@example.com